A simple cold can lead to serious illness. Now enrolling for a research study that may prevent or reduce illnesses from respiratory tract infections.
Respiratory tract infections are caused by viruses and are serious – especially for people with asthma and for those over 85. They occur in the nose, throat, and lungs and may include:
- Common cold
- Influenza and influenza-like illnesses (“the flu”)
- Bronchitis or “chest infection”
The Protector 2 Study is evaluating an oral investigational drug to see if it may reduce or prevent illnesses from respiratory tract infections.
You may qualify if you:
- At least 65 years of age or older, and NOT have one or more of the following conditions:
- Current smoker or past smoker with greater than or equal to 10 pack year (calculated by multiplying the number of packs you smoked a day by the number of years you have smoked) smoking history, or living with someone who currently smokes in the house
- Lung diseases (other than asthma) such as COPD or emphysema
- Are 85 years or older
- Are in stable medical health
If you qualify, you will receive all study-related medical care at no cost and may be reimbursed for time and travel expenses related to study visits.
Please fill out your information below and a Heartland Research specialist will contact you with more information for this study.
The information you provide is entered in our secure, password protected database. The provided information will only be used to contact you to tell you more about the study. You have the choice to have your information saved or removed from our records. If you elect to have contact information saved within our database, it will remain indefinitely. To be removed please call a Heartland Research specialist at 316-689-6626 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.